Enable Display of IDN URL in Sinhala/Tamil in IE and FireFox Web Browsers
When you type a URL with native characters the browser will display a message stating the characters in the URL is not supports. Click on the message and it will open the Languages popup window where you can add languages.
This method is simple and straight forward
- Open IE Browser
- In the main menu click "Tools" --> "Internet Options" -->"Languages" and dd your language in "Language Preference"
- Restart the browser
Adding a IDN display for a language is bit advances Here you have to edit the configuration of FF
- Open FF Browser
- Type about:config in the URL (It will warn you but proceed). You will get a window with configuration parameters
- Search for network.IDN.whitelist parameter settings (See the picture below)
- Right click on one whitelist value and select "New" "Boolian" for your language (You need to have the punycode of the domain)
a.) Add a new boolian to my preference for .ලංක
b.) Add a boolian value for .இலங்கை
5. Close the browser and reopen it