Step-by-Step Guide for Registering a Domain
*Anyone who wishes to register / request a domain must first register your account with LK Domain Registry.
1. Visit www.nic.lk and type your domain name in the search box given and click the ‘Search’ button.
2. If your domain is available, you will get a screen with the available names and prices.
3. Choose the preferred Domain Name and click ‘Add’. If you add 2 second level domains with the main domain, it will automatically selected as CAT 1. Please refer Domain pricing structure.
4. Type the Reason for selecting the said domain; common reason include name of the company or abbreviations, name of the product or abbreviations.
5. You can add more domains in the single order. However, please note that Orders which have more than one domain would initially be processed with one REGISTRANT, ADMIN, TECHNICAL, BILLING and ORGANIZATION details.If necessary, you could update the correct details of REGISTRANT, TECHNICAL, BILLING, via My Domains.
6. Then you could either PROCEED (if you have already logged in) or LOGIN and CONTINUE.
NOTE: The ORGANISATION should be your customer’s Company/ Institute/ Organization, if you are requesting the domain on behalf of a customer and the REGISTRANT should be the contact person from the given ORGANISATION.
Once you submitted your domain request, an automated email will be delivered to your ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT email address. Click the given link (to accept) to confirm your domain request. (Note that this email may have gone to your JUNK / SPAM folder).
7. If you have not received or cannot find the above email, pleaese contact our call center via the hotline during working hours.
8. Once you confirm your request, we carefully read your domain request and contact you through email in case of any issues with the requested domain, to get more information, or may ask for some documents if necessary.
9. If your request is approved by the Registry, you will get an email with the payment options and details. This will generally be done within 24 hours after you submit your request.
10. After identifying your payment (For a domain which is approved by the Registry), domain will be queued for registration. It may take up to 24 hours to activate your domain (provided that you have given us the DNS details).
No domain registration shall be deemed effective until the Registry accepts your application and activates your domain name registration or renewal. Submitting your application to the Registry, and the Registry accepting Fees for your application, by itself does not constitute a successfully registered application or renewal.
You acknowledge that the Registry can never guarantee, and is in no way responsible, that the domain name you are applying for is not being applied for by another party or that there are no inaccuracies in the Registry’s or other databases, that the search availability results are correct, or that there are errors, omissions, or inaccuracies that occur during the registration or renewal process which affect the result of your registration or renewal application.
You further acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for ensuring that your registration or renewal has been properly processed. The Registry may elect to accept or reject your application for registration or renewal at any time for any reason at its sole and absolute discretion, including, but not limited to, pricing errors, attempts to apply for domain names that are prohibited, improper, unavailable, infringe on 3rd party intellectual property or other rights, applications that are questionable or violate any other agreements or terms and conditions with the Company contained in the Registry or other agreements.